Thursday, December 30, 2010

Peppermint Chocolate Almond Butter

A few weeks ago, I mentioned, I received a care package from the kind people at Artisana.


I love nut butters!!!


I have two favorites from Artisana. Coconut Butter and Cacao Bliss!!! I love them!
For a week, I have been playing with the idea of Peppermint and Cacao Bliss Almond Butter! Last week, I came up with Chocolate Maple Almond Butter. I could not wait to add Peppermint! I just knew the flavor and mixture would be AMAZING!!!! 

TODAY WAS THE DAY!!!!

3 cups of Almonds baked with Molasses and Peppermint Extract.
30 minutes later - mixed with a sweet potato, I enjoyed my creation! 

My 3 year old enjoyed this too! He asked if I had a banana he could mix in! :) 
The Ingredients:
3 cups Almonds
2 - 3 TBSP Molasses
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
2 - 4 tsp Cacao Bliss, broken up


The Directions:
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


On the cookie sheet add Almond, Molasses and Peppermint Extract. Mix well and put into the oven.


Bake for 15 minutes. Take Almonds out and mix well. Add Cacao Bliss. Put Almonds back into oven for 15 more minutes.


Add directly into the food processor and mix for 30 minutes, mixing often. Mix until the powder turns into silky smooth Almond Butter.


ENJOY!!!!


Thank you Artisana for Cacao Bliss!!! It is one of my favorite products you make!!! :) Thank you!!!!


Part of Real Food WednesdayPennywise Platter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails