Sunday, December 12, 2010

Beef Stew


The wonderful people at Artisana sent me an amazing care package of goodies to try!

As you know, I love nut butters!!!
I am really excited about this care package because I have never tried some of these flavors before and they sound AMAZING!  I will let you know what I think about each flavor when I open them.


FLAVORS - Walnut Butter, Cashew Butter, Cashini Butter, Tahini Butter, Cocoa Bliss, Pecan Butter, Macadamia Butter, Coconut Butter and Coconut Oil.


So far - I have LOVED the Cocoa Bliss - I have a couple of recipes that I use Cocoa Bliss. I used it on oatmeal and in quinoa and even baking! Remember my 3-Layer Banana Split Cupcakes??? (not anymore -- we are eating Paleo) The Artisana Coconut butter is delicious! I like it more than the coconut butter I made. Only because mine never because totally creamy!


I hear Cashini is suppose to replace PB in PB&J... Joshua I am sure will love it! He is already all about Almond Butter! :)


More reviews and recipes to come with this yummy yummy stuff!


NOW ---- Here is an AMAZING Beef Stew recipe. I mean --- aaaaahhhhh---mazing!
The meat was melt in your mouth good. Tender and amazing. Have I said it was amazing, yet?


I didn't think so... AMAZING


This makes a lot. That was our plan. I wanted to have leftovers for lunch and maybe 2!


The Ingredients:
3 lbs grass fed stew beef
2 cans diced tomatoes (I would prefer to use my own canned tomatoes)
1 whole bunch of celery, diced
10 carrots, sliced
4 - 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
3 parsnips, sliced
1 TBSP Cumin
1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
4 cups of beef broth (homemade or 3 bouillon cubes with 4 cups of water)
Water
1 - 3 tsp pepper


The Directions:
In a soup pot, steer the beef while cutting the vegetables. Add all the vegetables and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Turn down to medium heat and cook for a couple of hours.


The meat will melt in your mouth!!!!


Part of Real Food WednesdayPennywise Platter, and Fight Back Friday.

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails