Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Winter Squash and Almond Crusted Salmon

This weekend, I walked out of Trader Joe's with this HUGE stalk of Brussels Sprouts!
I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw this!!!! 

My plans were big and delicious!!

I cut the Brussels into 4's 

Prepared the Salmon -- Fresh from Alaska!

I cooked the Brussels with Olive Oil, Butternut Squash, Apple and a little homemade Almond Butter!


It was amazing! The salmon, perfectly cooked and seasoned! The vegetables - tender! The Butternut Squash and Apple added the right amount of sweetness! 

It was perfect!!!!

Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Winter Squash and Almond Crusted Salmon

The Ingredients:
4 fillets Fresh Alaska Salmon
1 stalk of Brussels Sprouts (about 3 cups)
1 cup left over Butternut Squash
2 small Fuji Apples baked in a little Cinnamon, diced
1 TBSP Olive Oil (you may need a little more)
Fresh ground Pepper and Sea Salt (very little)
Nutmeg
1 TBSP Almond Butter

Salmon Seasoning:
1 Cup Almond meal
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder

The Directions:
Cut Brussels Sprouts into 4's. Wash and Dry.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with foil. 

If you do not have Almond mill, in a food processor chop Almonds. I like mine at a fine consistency but not to the flour state.  Stir in the Cumin, Ground Pepper and Garlic Powder. 

Lay Salmon on the foil. Drizzle with Olive Oil. Pour Almond mixture onto the Salmon and pat down, lightly. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. The Salmon will flake away when it is done. 

Meanwhile, in a large WOK add Brussels Sprouts and Olive Oil. Cook on Medium High heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cooked Butternut Squash and Apples.
(The Apples I chopped into small pieces and topped with cinnamon. Cook in the microwave for 1 minute)

Add in Nutmeg, Ground Pepper and Almond Butter. If I had any I would add toasted pine nuts.

Top Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Salmon.  ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails