Friday, October 1, 2010

Quinoa Chili with Almond Butter

I am not sure how the weather has been where you have been but it has been very tricky here. One day we have a GORGEOUS fall like day and then the next day we have a SUMMER like day.

My appetite has been tricky lately too! Trying to match the weather is tough. On warm days I am craving chili and colder days I want to grill! We will work it out!

I made a really delicious chili a couple weeks ago. Ever since I have been craving some more! I browsing another recipe blog, Heather Eats Almond Butter and saw that she had made a Chili with Almond Butter. It sounded interested/wonderful and thought why can't I make my chili with some Almond Butter! Give it a try!!! Thanks HEAB for the great idea!

I did not make as big of a batch of chili this time and I did not use as many vegetables... Okay this is not exactly the same chili! :) WHOOPS! That is just one reason I love chili!!!! MILLIONS of different creations!


The Ingredients:

3 TBSP Raw Butter
4 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 lb ground beef
28 oz diced tomatoes
2 TBSP chili powder
Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper
*** 2 TBSP Almond Butter

The Directions:
In large pot over high heat, sauté chopped veggies in butter and garlic powder until done. Add beef, stirring constantly until beef is cooked through. Add in canned tomatoes, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and almond butter. Turn heat to low, allowing chili to simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. The chili will thicken the longer it cools. Enjoy!

Serve with homemade cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails