Monday, October 18, 2010

Ratatouille Soup with Ground Beef

A few months ago, I made my first Ratatouille. It was a hit but I knew my family would enjoy it even more as a soup. I know, I really have a soup problem.


With a load of bell peppers from our CSA (I did get 3 extra 1/2 shares :) ) and a eggplant on hand I knew this was my time to make Ratatouille soup! We had about 1/2 lb of cooked ground beef (taco flavored) leftover from this weekends festivities! Why not - let's add it!

Wouldn't you know, the weather cooperated too! Finally - a rainy, cool, cloudy - FALL day! :) Perfect soup day !!!!


Ratatouille Soup with ground beef

The Ingredients:
1 small eggplant, chopped
5 bell peppers, chopped (I used red, yellow, green, mix)
2 medium zucchinis, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
3 tomatoes, diced
1 garlic clove, mined
1 can homemade tomato sauce (about 4 cups)
3 cups water
2 vegetable bouillon cubes
2 bay leaves
1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Garlic salt or powder
1/2 or so ground beef (ours was leftover and had taco seasoning on it)

The Directions:

In a large pot saute onions and garlic in Olive Oil. Add Eggplant and Bell Peppers and saute for 3 - 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, zucchini, tomato sauce, water, bouillon cubs and seasonings. Bring to a boil and let cook for 20 - 30 minutes. I added the ground beef and let cook until warm.

Make sure to take out 2 Bay leaves!

ENJOY!

Our 9 month old enjoyed the broth, zucchini and eggplant! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails