Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spinach Ground Beef and Noodles

We get our meat from J & J. It comes in a package. When I need meat I pull out a pre-packaged block (1/2 lb - 1 lb+). I do not always need the 1lb +. I brown the whole thing and put the rest in the fridge for a later day in the week.

I browned meat on Sunday and needed to use my extra portion. I also had a LARGE bag of Fresh Spinach left from the last weeks food share.

I decided to try to make a healthier version of my hubby's favorite (birthday) dish. I think that next time I will add even more spinach!!!!



The Ingredients:
1 bag Brown Rice Pasta, Penne
1 TBSP Olive Oil
3 large cloves garlic, mined
1/2 onion, chopped
3/4 - 1 lb ground beef
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Fresh Spinach (I used about 3 - 4 cups)
1 can tomato paste
Garlic Salt
Water
Cheese

The Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beef; cook until no longer pink, stirring and breaking beef into pieces.
Stir in tomato paste (fill can with water 1 1/2 times) and Italian Seasoning. Continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach, basil continue cooking 3 minutes. Season with salt, if desired.
Drain pasta. Add to skillet; toss with beef mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Served with delicious homemade bread or failed sandwich bread!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails