Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Southwestern Chicken Soup with Black Beans

Once again, the fall weather has left. It has been in the 80's the past few days and it is October. I cannot believe it... This is Crazy!!!! :)

Hoping to inspire FALL to return, I made a delicious Southwestern Chicken Soup! This was so delicious --- I forgot to take a picture! Whooops! I will take a picture today when I make lunch!

The Ingredients:
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 sweet Yellow Onion
4 cloves Garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
7-8 cups chicken broth (I used homemade!)
1 15 oz can of Black Beans (I used 2 cups homemade Black Beans - cooked with Onions)
1 15 oz can of diced Tomatoes
1 chicken fryer
Sea Salt and Pepper
Corn Tortilla strips

The Directions:
In a crockpot add the chicken fryer, chicken broth, can of diced tomatoes, onion and seasonings. Cook on low for 8 hours. At hour 8 take out chicken and let cook then debone. Put chicken back to the crockpot and add black beans. (Corn would add a little sweet! I didn't have any on hand). Cook in crockpot until everything is hot again. Season with Sea Salt and Pepper.



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take a few corn tortillas and spray them with olive oil cooking spray on both side. Cut into small strips and place on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper if you like. Bake until golden brown on both sides, about 5-7 minutes.

Top with Cilantro and cheese. I didn't add either to ours but would be delicious!!!!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails