Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Stir-Fry

PANIC - Wednesday - FOOD SHARE DAY!!!! - I had a lot of vegetables left from the previous week. PANIC!!!!

Not really a PANIC but my fridge sometimes gets overwhelmed with vegetables!


I had this little adorable pumpkin (fall decoration) that I needed to use.

I decided to roast the pumpkin with a little butter in each half and then scoop little pieces of pumpkin into my stir-fry.

This came out great!!!! SO full of flavor and a great way to get lots of vegetables into one meal!!!! :) No longer - PANIC! :)

Please note this entire meal besides the pumpkin and seasonings was from our food share!
Pumpkin Stir-Fry

The Ingredients:
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Kale
Red and Green Peppers
Cabbage
Carrots
Parsnips
Pumpkin
Almond Butter
Soy Sauce
a little mustard
Pumpkin seeds
*** ground beef would be AMAZING in this! I just did not have any ready.

The Directions:

Cutting the pumpkin was tricky for me. I decided to cut the top off like carving pumpkins and then cut the pumpkin in half. This worked nicely!

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the pumpkin meat is tender. Set aside.

In a Wok, add broccoli, cauliflower, parsnips and carrots with a little Olive Oil for about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for another 3 - 5 minutes. Then add a little water into the wok and cover the vegetables. This will soften the vegetables by steam!

Once the pumpkin is cooled scoop out the pumpkin meat. I cut the pumpkin into pieces and added it to the stir-fry. Next time I will puree the pumpkin with the seasonings. I think that this will add more of a coat and flavoring to the whole thing.

Since, I did not puree the pumpkin, I added little chunks to the stir-fry. I then added Almond Butter and Soy Sauce. I mixed the vegetables really good then added a little bit of mustard.

Like I said before this would be really good with ground beef!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails