Sunday, October 17, 2010

Butternut Squash Soup


I love butternut squash! I love butternut squash soup!!!

This week in our food share along with lots of great vegetables we got yummy butternut squash.

I really love this soup. It is creamy. It sides great with a fresh pumpkin bread! I decided to make this bread when I received an email letting me know that 3 people had not picked up their shares and I could have them if I wanted... Yes, please!

I used 2 butternut squashes in this soup! Next time, I am thinking about trying pumpkin!!!! :)




  • The Ingredients:
  • 6 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (I used 2 roasted butternut squash)
  • 3 cups water
  • 4 cubes chicken bouillon
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese

  • The Directions:
In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.

Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.

Serve with a delicious pumpkin bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails