Friday, November 5, 2010

Thai-spiced pumpkin soup

Yesterday I was in a PUMPKIN roasting mode!!!!! I roasted a pumpkin for my Pumpkin Walnut Bread and then mid-afternoon I decided to roast another one! This time for a soup. I took the Thai-spiced squash soup and changed it to a pumpkin soup! 

Since I had a carving pumpkin (which is considered to be like feed corn) it was a little more watery than I wanted. I decided to add 3 small acorn squash and a butternut squash. The family enjoyed it!


The Ingredients:
3 acorn squash
1 pumpkin
1 butternut
3 TBSP RAW butter
14 oz RAW milk (I used 5 oz coconut milk and RAW milk for the remaining)
3 tsp red Thai curry paste
sea salt

The Directions:



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the oven racks in the middle.
Carefully cut each squash/pumpkin into halves (or quarters). Slather each piece of squash with butter, sprinkle generously with salt, place on a baking sheet skin sides down, and place in the oven. Roast for about an hour or until the squash is tender throughout.




When the pumpkin/squash are cool enough to handle scoop it into a large pot over medium high heat. Add the coconut milk and curry paste and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and puree with a hand blender, you should have a very thick base at this point. Now add water a cup at a time pureeing between additions until the soup is the consistency you prefer - a light vegetable stock would work here as well. Bring up to a simmer again and add the salt (and more curry paste if you like, I used just shy of 6 teaspoons but the curry paste I use is not over-the-top spicy).
(I added 1 vegetable bouillon cube. )


SPOILER ALERT---- Enjoying Healthy Foods will be having giveaway!!!! Something adorable and sweet for that beautiful little/big girl of yours!!!! Wife, Daughter, Niece, Friend.... YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!! COMING SOON!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails