Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Walnut Bread

I do not like to waste food. It drives me crazy. 
I like to carve pumpkins for many reasons. I like to make pumpkin seeds. My favorite is simple - Coconut Oil and Sea Salt. That is it! A close second Coconut Oil and Cinnamon! :)
I also like to use the pumpkin's and make them into a soup. I really do not like to waste. 

This time I made a puree and made this WONDERFUL bread! My house smells amazing!!!! :) 

Pumpkin Walnut Bread     makes 2 loaves

The Ingredients:
2 cups quinoa flour
1 1/2 cups spelt flour 
2 cups light palm sugar, packed
1/3 cups applesauce
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree, or just under two cups (I used fresh pumpkin puree)
1 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup water
1 cup chopped walnuts


1 TBSP Chai seeds


1 TBSP Flax seeds
The Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place a rack in the center of the oven.  Grease and flour two loaf pans and set aside.  
In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.  
In a medium bowl, carefully whisk together pumpkin puree, oil, maple syrup and water.  
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a spatula to fold all of the ingredients together.  Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl well, finding any stray flour bits to mix in.  Fold in most of the chopped walnuts, reserving some to sprinkle on top of the batter once in the pan. 
Divide the dough between the two greased pans and sprinkle with a few walnut pieces.  Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.  Remove from the oven.  Let rest in the pans for 20 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack.  
Serve warm.  Maybe even wrap one loaf up in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for future munching.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this delicious bread with me! It was fantastic. Kiddos love it, too. I can't even tell that it doesn't have wheat flour in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked it!!!! I have snacked on mine ALL day... That's what I get for a nice pumpkin smelling house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails