Monday, November 15, 2010

Pumpkin Cranberry Bars

Being the week before Thanksgiving week (and I will be in Cabo Thanksgiving week!) I am going THANKSGIVING... Well - sorta! I am going to try to make something pumpkin everyday this week! 
I love cooking with pumpkin. It makes the house smell amazing!!!! 

But when mixed with cranberries --- SUPER AMAZING!!!! 
Instead of making tradition pumpkin bread, I decided to make this recipe into bars. Although they did not come out how I imagined they would - still good! Nothing is wrong with them just not what I thought! I guess I forgot to take into consideration that the pumpkin puree would rise a bit and make the bars fluffy - bread like!


Oh well - you win some. you lose some! :) 


These are not really a loss though. The bar (bread) is moist and the flavor is great! 


Here is what I did!!! :) 


Pumpkin Cranberry Bars (bread)
The Ingredients:
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg


1/2 cup palm sugar
1/2 cup Applesauce
1/2 cup RAW butter (I wanted to use coconut oil - but didn't have enough)
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
3 eggs
2 TBSP Almond Milk


1/4 cup cranberries
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup oatmeal


The Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a square pan (or round) with parchment paper.


In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice, nutmeg and cinnamon. 


In another bowl mix sugar, applesauce, pumpkin puree, almond milk, butter and eggs with a hand mixer. Mix for 2 minutes. Add the flour mixture. With hand mixer, mix for 3 or so minutes. Fold in the cranberries, walnuts and oatmeal. Pour mixture into lined pan. 


Bake for 30 - 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan. 

2 comments:

  1. i have learn many recipe of pumpkins today and this one is really a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails