Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Crockpot Pound Cake

 That is right... I made a pound cake in my crockpot - and it was easy!!!! and delicious!!!! 


I have mentioned this before but I have this giant bag of Pamela's Gluten Free Baking & Pancake mix. I make my boys pancakes with it but have admired the other recipes on the bag. I decided to make the pound cake (loaf cake) in the crockpot instead of the oven. 

With just a few minor changes --- To my surprise - this cake was delicious and super easy!!!! I must say that the pound cake was best straight out of the crockpot but still good cold. 

Being that it is a giveaway week -- we topped our pound cake with Chobani Yogurt. 

I had blueberry and my husband had strawberry! 


Here is what I did! 

The Ingredients:

1/2 tsp cream of tartar 
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup butter (I did 1/2 raw butter 1/2 cup apple sauce)
1 cup palm sugar (next time I think I am going to try to replace that with Raw Honey or Maple Syrup)
1 tsp ground nutmeg
6 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

The Directions:

Melt butter in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of your ingredients. 
Mix with a hand or stand mixer until ingredients are well incorporated

***grease the inside of your crockpot. I used a bigger crockpot and did a good job!

I propped the lid open with a toothpick.


Cook on high until an inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean. This took about 2.5 hours in my crockpot. I probably checked it too often, but I was excited.


This smells so wonderful while it's cooking.

It is giveaway week - MAKE SURE YOU COMMENT!!!! That is all you have to do to increase the odds and a case of Chobani could be yours!!!!

8 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy. I will be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish and I bet it smelled wonderful. I love using my crock pot - but I wonder how this would do in the oven?

    I love that you are doing the Chobani giveway... I'll definitely put my name in for that. I've switched to Greek yogurt about 6 months ago and have fallen in love! I haven't tried this brand yet, but do like the Nancy's and Trader Joe's brands.

    And thanks for stopping by. I love how resourceful your site is, and it's so refreshing to find others making natural health a priority. Thank you for all that you do... I'll be coming back often ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this looks good! I haven't found a gf flour to use yet, so I will have to try this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela - Whole foods on 146th has Gluten Free Flour... and I know Marsh has a good flour selection!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried a couple of cakes in my crock pot but never a pound cake, was it super moist? What other baking mix do you think I could use other than Pamela's, not something available to me.?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why did mine come out rubbery?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails