Friday, November 19, 2010

Chai Spiced Latte





















I love enjoying a delicious hot cup of tea on a cold day. A Chai Tea Latte is my favorite, speciality drink! The only place that makes a really good Chai Tea Latte is Starbucks but who are we kidding it is far more expensive to go to Starbuck and get one than make one at home. 

I have come up with a delicious recipe!!!! Super easy and super yummy!


The Ingredients.
4 cups milk (I used Almond Milk -- have used 2% before)

4 black tea bags
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
4 sticks cinnamon (or 2 tsp ground)
4 cardamom pods
1 tsp vanilla extract






The Directions.


This will serve 2-4 adults, dependent on how much they like tea.


Put everything into your crockpot. I used a 4 quart. Anything over a 2 quart will work just 
fine. Float the cinnamon sticks, cardamon pods, and tea bags on top.


Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or until heated through. I cooked ours on low for 2 hours and another hour on high.


Press the tea bags against the side of the crockpot with a spoon to release the last bit of tea-goodness and ladle into mugs.


--------------------------
Back to organizing and packing!!! A couple more days until we are on vacation!!!! Until then -- I will enjoying this wonderful drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails