Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pumpkin Squash Soup

Vacation is quickly approaching. Dinner ingredients are disappearing and I am struggling with planning and preparing meals, since I do not want to have food go to waste.

I am getting creative with dinners. Mixing things, I might have never mixed. And they are coming out great! 

Pumpkin and Vegetable Stir-Fry on brown rice with a Pumpkin Naan


Pumpkin Squash Soup

When hubby saw this meal, he asked, um is this the baby's food? That is kind. When describing the meal to a friend, I said, it looked like vomit... 

It tasted AMAZING... surprisingly!!!
That was totally lucky! The ingredient list may be shocking but TRUST me --- GOOD GOOD GOOD!!!

The Ingredients:
2 Delitaca Squash (winter squash), peel, seed, chopped
1 can pumpkin (I wanted to use real puree but used it all)
1 cup sweet corn
1 cup spinach, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
salt and pepper
curry powder (I used about 1/2 - 1 tsp)
1/4 cup plain Chobani yogurt
1 squirt or two of Soy Sauce or Braggs


The Directions:


Saute the Delicata Squash (if using real pumpkin - add it here too!) in Olive Oil over Medium High Heat. I browned them real good. Some pieces may have even been burnt. Once tender and the color you desire add 1/2 cup vegetable broth. The squash is going to just drink it all up. Slowly add the rest of the broth. Bring to a boil. Add Curry powder, Salt and Pepper and Soy Sauce.


Into a food processor add the squash and just enough liquid to puree. Add back to the pot. Add canned pumpkin, yogurt (or sour cream) cooked squash and corn. Heat and serve!


ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails