Thursday, November 11, 2010

Potato and Cabbage

A rough morning leads to a rough (easy) meal.


Yesterday morning, I was walking down my stairs, holding the baby and slipped. I landed directly on my back and neck. (Do not worry -- I am fine.) I am sore -- real sore actually (was shook up a bit) but I am good!!! Micah did get hurt at all, just scared from my yell. 


I had a pretty brutal headache all day and didn't feel motivated. I had some potatoes left over and a huge head of cabbage. I decided to go simple and cook them in my crockpot with some Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. We had 2 Applegate Sausages (Organic Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sausage ) left so a quick saute and topped the Potato and Cabbage mix. 


We were all pleased! Next time we may have this as a side dish but I was not in the mood last night! :) 


The Ingredients:
1 small head of cabbage
6 potatoes (next time I will add more)
10-12 whole cloves of garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T balsamic vinegar
1 t kosher salt
1/2 t black pepper


The Directions:
wash vegetablescut potatoes into 1 inch chunks (I didn't peel them)
cut cabbage into wedges--don't worry about separating the leaves (cut into smaller pieces - my leaves were too big)


Throw veggies into the crockpot with the whole garlic cloves. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Toss with hands to coat thoroughly.
(((((DO NOT ADD WATER.)))))
Cook on high for 3 hours, low for 4-6.
The vegetables are done when the potatoes reach desired tenderness.




Do not forget to comment!!! Chobani GIVEAWAY WEEK --- TWO MORE DAYS!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have Jacques the Crock Pot fired up now! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***Morning After Review of Potatoes and Cabbage***

    I wish I had put the cabbage at the BOTTOM of Jacques the Crock Pot instead of on top. I like my cabbage cooked beyond recognition.... Flavor was great - family enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which Applegate Sausages did you use? Sounds simple, quick and yummy!

    http://bit.ly/aKnInC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Heather - Glad you enjoyed this!

    Renee - I used Organic Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sausage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails