Saturday, November 6, 2010

Roasted Winter Root Vegetables


Wednesday was our last food share pick up... I am bummed --- REALLY bummed. I have really enjoyed our weekly pick up.


Luckily - I have been saving vegetables. I have learned how to can. I canned applesauce, salsa, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and jelly. We bought a food savor -- so I have been freezing away! :) We have Kale, Beans, Spinach, Basil, Bell Peppers, Carrots, Green Onion, Chives and more! I am stocked up on sweet potatoes and winter squash, too!


Now to find new dishes to put them them and use them up!!!! Like this one, Crockpot Roasted Winter Root Vegetables!!!!



I will miss you food share --- UNTIL next Spring/Summer!


Chicken Recipe to come!
_____________________________________________
Crockpot Roasted Vegetables



The Ingredients:
These are the different veggies I use, try any combination!
carrots
turnips or rutabagas
sweet potatoes
red skinned potatoes
garlic
beets
red onions
brussels sprouts
shallots
olive oil
salt and pepper
fresh sage or rosemary (still on the branches)
pure maple syrup (optional)
The Directions:


Crockpot - Add all the vegetables and seasonings in the crockpot and cook on High for 4 hours!  I cooked ours in the crockpot today and they came out tender and full of flavor!!!


OR
Preheat oven to 425 F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Chop all your veggies into bite sized pieces. In a gigantic mixing bowl place all the veggies and herbs and pour a healthy amount of olive oil on top. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with maple syrup. Mix well.
Pour veggies evenly on cookie sheets. Place in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes. Turn veggies over and continue to cook another 35-40 minutes or until they are fork tender and browned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails