Thursday, November 18, 2010

Coconut Butter

I have not tried store bought Coconut Butter. I have just heard from several friends and have read on several blogs that Coconut Butter is AAAAAMAZING.

I have coconut on hand (always!) so thought I should just go ahead and make my own! Have you ever had your food processor going for more than 20 minutes??? Your ears begin to ring and be bothered by the LOUD noise. My ears are still ringing...

The first time I flopped. I did not put enough coconut in the food processor atleast that is what I am telling myself. I think there was not enough weight or something because I pureed it for 20 minutes and nothing... so I gave up. My ears could not take anymore... my kids couldn't take it anymore.

The second time I wised up! I put the food processor in the garage. Noise minimized!!! :) I added about 4 cups maybe 6 cup into the food processor. Food processed for 20 - 25 minutes and YUMMMMMMMM.... Coconut Butter!

1 comment:

  1. hey linds! The store bought coconut butter that i get doesn't have to be refrigerated after opening..does homemade??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails