Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal


I think I have a problem. I have an obsession. I am obsessed with my homemade Almond Butter. It is delicious. It is creamy. It is almost gone. I want to add it on everything. 


The main difference I have noticed with my Almond Butter and sore bought -- It is not hard as a rock, when scooping out. It is smoother. It does not melt down as well as store bought but maybe that is because I didn't add a lot of oil. Or maybe I didn't keep it in the food processor long enough. 


This will remain a mystery until I am able to make another batch of Almond Butter.


Pumpkin Oatmeal topped with Cranberries and Almond Butter
The Ingredients:
1 cup oats
1 cup milk (almond milk)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I only had 2 TBSP's of Pumpkin)
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup raisins or cranberries
Dash of salt
maple syrup & almonds (optional)

The Directions:
Mix together oats and milk in a small saucepan. Cook on medium high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Heat through, and serve. Top with maple syrup and almonds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails