Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shrimp Tomato Pasta

I am so excited to share this recipe with you!!!! :)
It was one of those meals that just kind of happened but man am I glad it did... and that I wrote it down! This dinner was awesome! Hubby said the rue flavoring is similar to something he has had before but could not figure out where and even what the dish was... he LOVED it!!!! :)

Here is what I did! 

Baked the Spaghetti Sauce at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Separated the spaghetti squash and baked it again for another 20 minutes.
Then for the Rue. I had seen a recipe for a coconut rue, here, from Family Living Simple. I have been eyeing the recipe for a couple of weeks. I had zucchini but did not have chicken... so I took a little different route.

The Coconut Rue --- creamy, smooth and wonderful!!!

I topped the Spaghetti Squash with the shrimp mixture!!!! AMAZINGLY Delicious!!!

I should add that I do think Asparagus or maybe a red pepper. I can't put my finger on what I want to add next time but I do think a vegetable would be WONDERFUL! :)

Alright - enough teasing here is the recipe!!! 

For directions on how to cook Spaghetti Squash, go here! or here!

For the Cream Sauce:
The Ingredients:



2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (or Ghee)
1 Can of Coconut milk
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour ( I added a little more
Pepper
Parsley
Rosemary
1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1 bag of fully cooked Shrimp (from Trader Joe's)


The Directions:
For the sauce add the coconut oil (or ghee) to a sauce pan and melt on medium heat. When melted add coconut flour. Stir the oil and flour until it is smooth. Once the clumps are gone  add the coconut milk. Heat to a slow boil and stir frequently with a whisk. I then decided to add another TBSP of coconut flour. The thickness was just how I wanted...  Let simmer for about 5 minutes and add spices. Add 1 cup of diced cherry tomatoes and the frozen shrimp. (yes, frozen!) Cover the Rue and turn heat to low. Cook until the shrimp is thawed. Maybe 5 minutes MAX....

Plate Spaghetti Squash and top with the creamy shrimp mixture...

ENJOY!!!!
Don't forget to enter to win Applegate Coupon, here!  Today is that last day to comment!

Part of Pennywise Thursday, Full Plate Thursday

3 comments:

  1. What a delicious and creative recipe. I never thought to pair shrimpy with squash before but it looks yummy :) I'd like to invite you to come by and show off your creation at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a good one!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Full Plate... I love shirmp this sounds like a great way to eat it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love spaghetti squash and you've got a wonderful recipe here! Mouthwatering and healthful! Thanks for sharing.

    BTW, I'm hosting a little Giveaway on my blog. Please stop by to enter when you have a chance. Here's the link: http://utry.it/2011/05/hong-kong-macau-and-australia-trippart.html

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails