Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lettuce Fajitas

I love Fajitas! I love the flavor and the simplicity! I make these often!!!  

I love the mixture of chicken and peppers. You can enjoy the mixture as a soup or alone or on top of a bed of lettuce!

In the Crock cook a chicken roaster with salsa verde, lime and a little pepper. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Take the chicken out of the crock pot and let cool before taking the skin and bones out. Add bell peppers (and onion, if you'd like) to the crockpot and let sit in the juices for as long as you'd like. My were in the crock for 20 before I added the chicken back in and then soaked with the chicken for another 20 minutes until my hubby came home. 

We served with lettuce wraps and avocado. If you are doing cheese, this would be awesome topped with raw cheddar cheese! Also, some times I add sliced Zucchini and Squash in this mixture!!! WONDERFUL!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails