Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Marinated Winter Kale Salad

I receive emails with recipe updates from several blogs, websites, friends, etc. Last week, while stuck in bed, I received an email and an update from a friend, she included a newspaper article (recipe) she found and wanted to share with me. The same day, I received a message from a friend on facebook with a blog post, letting me know I would love this recipe! It was pretty darn close to being the same recipe... Meant to be!!! I found this recipe and had to try it! 

Marinated Kale Salad


Ingredients:

  • 4 cups kale,  destemmed and cut in a chiffonade
  • 1 teaspoon best quality sea salt (smoked salt would be fabulous here!)
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
  • 2 cups shredded carrots
  • 1 cup chopped red cabbage
  • 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons minced red onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped green olives
  • 1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
  • Pinch nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup raisins or cranberries
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon Coconut Aminos (soy sauce or braggs Aminos)
  • 3 tablespoon best quality extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt/pepper to taste if needed
The Directions:
In a large bowl, mix kale, salt, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, and garlic powder. Massage and mix for several minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and massage well

 Let sit for at least 10 minutes before eating to let the flavors marinate.



Part of Monday Mania

2 comments:

  1. yaay, glad you tried it! That was my post last week too! I'm still eating it for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - thank you! For some reason my link button is missing! I will link you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails