Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beef and Rice

Went into the garage yesterday, like I always do, to get meat for dinner and found our meat thawed, well half of our meat was thawed, no it was warm and half was mostly thawed. Still had a slight chill. I had to throw away a large bag of meat-fish-broth and am still working on cooking the other part. Bummed is an under statement... Thankful that I went out when I did. So thankful I didn't wait a couple more days. I would have a real surprise. 

Beef stew is a favorite of mine. I really enjoy stew/soups. They leave you full and warm. Perfect for a winter night or even an early spring night. 

The Ingredients:
Grass fed Stew meat
1 large sweet potato, diced
2 large parsnips, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
3 cups chicken broth
1 cauliflower head

The Directions:
First I browned the meat. Once all sides of the beef are browned, add sweet potatoes, parsnips and celery. Cook for 5 minutes and then add seasonings and broth. Cook on medium high for 1 - 2 hours.

Once the meat is tender, steam the cauliflower and roughly chop in food processor or vitamix.

Top the cauliflower rice with the meat mixture.

ENJOY!

GIVEAWAY WEEK!!! 

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!! Read all the details - here!

1 comment:

  1. I love stews, I like the idea of having sweet potatoes in them. I'm gonna try that next time.

    Too bad you had to throw out a lot of your food.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails