Thursday, March 24, 2011

Almond Coconut Butter

Kid lunches
Sweet Potato chips (homemade), carrots, strawberries and turkey

I am really excited about telling you my creation/mistake-turned WONDERFUL!!!
I was playing around with my vitamix. I started with some coconut. I was going to attempt coconut butter, again! When I started mixing, I quickly realized that it was not going to work again. (didn't have enough coconut) Thinking quickly, I added Almonds and coconut oil. Blended for awhile and came up with this delicious creation! The Almond Coconut Butter was fabulous. It hardened in the fridge because of the coconut but has a very creamy feel because of the Almonds!

This is a must try!!!

Part of Pennywise Thursday, Monday Mania

5 comments:

  1. hi! i love this food! look delious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, yummmmy! I have to try this soon! I had trouble making coconut butter too. I never got it to work. This sounds better than plain coconut butter anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is timely - I was just looking through the last Pennywise Platter at The Nourishing Gourmet and saw your link. I've got my Vitamix and coconut ready to try to make coconut butter and I'll get some almonds out. Ideally I'd like to make both now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails