Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chicken and Greens

Are you ready for some real dinner recipes, again??? Me too! Last week took EVERYTHING out of me  but thankfully, I am ready to cook again. More importantly, I am ready to eat, again!!!! :) 

I am craving greens and lots of them!!!! :) 

Pineapple glazed chicken with brussels, asparagus and kale. 

Let's start with the sides. Brussels - same as always. Bake at 400 for 10 - 15 minutes. Top with Olive Oil, Coconut Aminos and sprinkle with Lemon Pepper. 
This time I cooked the asparagus with the Brussels. Seasoned the same. 
*The Asparagus were a little crispy so you may want to add them with 2 - 5 minutes left. 

Kale - sauted in Olive Oil and Coconut Aminos. 

The Chicken - 
I used a Pampered Chef Spicy Pineapple glaze. At first glance, it was Paleo friendly. At second glance, it was not... I will come up with my own version of this seasoning because it was delicious chicken. Glaze creation to come!

I cut chicken into strips and marinated for 6 hours. I laid the strips in a frying pan and cook chicken until the chicken is no longer in pink. 
* I would love to use our grill but it is still just a little too cold for me to go out there!!! 

HOPING (and looking forward) FOR WARMER WEATHER!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm new to your blog; found you at Heavenly Homemakers. My 10-year-old daughter has been put on a no grain, no starch, no sugar, no dairy (except butter, eggs, fresh goat cheese, and occasionally goat milk for cooking) diet. I'm at a total loss, because I cook and bake very much like Laura at HH. I'm really looking forward to learning from you and getting ideas for meals.

    Kudos to your Chiropractor husband; I keep asking my husband if he would consider going back to school to be a Chiropractor, so that we could have 'our very own!'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails