Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pesto!

The last couple of weeks, I have stocked up on Fresh CSA Basil. Each week I make another batch of Pesto! I made a lot of pesto last summer and we were able to use it all summer and fall. I ran out for winter, so I plan on making enough to last through winter!

Making your own fresh pesto is so quick and super easy!!! 

The Ingredients:
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
2-3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste



The Directions:
In the food processor start with the garlic. I like to start with the garlic because it gets it minced evenly and you are not left with big pieces of garlic. Once you have the garlic minced, add the basil and pine nuts. Slowly add in the Olive Oil. 


You can enjoy this pesto on anything... I love pesto!!! 


ENJOY!


Here are a couple of other recipes!!! 


Thanks to The Clothes Make the Girl for the suggestion of  tossing zucchini noodles in pesto! 


I topped mine with some toasted roughly chopped pine nuts!


Also - Last summer here are a couple other pesto recipes I did. 
Arugula Pesto
Asparagus Pesto

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I was SO sad when I finished my jar of homemade pesto a few days ago -- but I just got some more zucchini in my CSA, so it might be time for another batch of noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love pesto! I have a little herb garden in which I'm growing some little basil plants...I can't wait to make them into pesto.

    Thanks for the garlic tip and zucchini noodles sound delicious! I've used spaghetti squash before, but never zucchini--I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails