Thursday, February 3, 2011

How do you do it all?

I have been asked a great question and would like to answer it in a post so everyone can read!

"Lindsey, How do you do it all???"

That is a great question! I am a wife and a mom of two and I watch 1 - 2 kids daily. My days are busy but I would not have it any other way... I enjoy it!!!! :)

It is all about planning. It is important to have the day planned out. I have a rough schedule for the kids and I for EVERYDAY!!!! :) Meals are tentatively planned out and all the ingredients are in the fridge.

I go to the store weekly, mostly Saturdays. I wash all the groceries so they are GRAB ready! We wash all our produce ORGANIC or not in Hydrogen Peroxide. 1/4 cup into a 1/2 sink of water. I let some things soak longer and other just a quick rinse. Sundays, when I remember, I prepare the vegetables. I will peel and cut and chop vegetables. That way they are snack (and GRAB) ready! No washing or peeling just go! We stay busy throughout the week so it is important to be prepared! :)

As for cleaning, I clean as I go with one big clean on Saturday/Sunday. The toy room/living room is picked up several times a day but at the end of the day is cleaned. I vacuum weekly, not daily. Kitchen is cleaned a lot! I clean the kitchen 3x a day. When you clean as you go the big clean day comes around there isn't much to do. I clean the bathrooms 2x a week and deep clean once.

Home cooked meals are important to us and a picked up (noticed I didn't say clean) house is too! You find a way to do it when it is important! I try to not do anything once the boys are in bed. I like that time to be hubby and my time.
Eggs, Spaghetti Squash and Spinach

Saute the Spaghetti Squash and Spinach in coconut oil. Add eggs and scramble. Baby and I enjoyed this delicious breakfast today! :) 

Spaghetti Squash with ground venison and vegetables.

I made one Spaghetti Squash and spread it out! Bake Spaghetti Squash at 375 for an hour. I then saute mine to make the "noodles" softer. 

Spaghetti Squash with venison and vegetables

The Ingredients:
1/4 lb ground venison (I used the other 3/4 with my taco pizza)
10 small carrots, diced
1/2 zucchini, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 spaghetti squash

The Directions:
Bake the Spaghetti Squash at 375 degrees for an hour. Then saute in a little coconut oil. 

Brown the ground venison and all vegetables. Cook on medium until carrots are tender. Mix with the spaghetti squash. 

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails