Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vegetable Stock

Another mans trash is another mans treasure!!!!



I love making fresh stock!

In order to not feel like I am wasting good quality vegetables just to make a stock - I SAVE VEGETABLES! In a freezer bag I place peels and ends of vegetables that I would normally throw away. I store my collection in the freezer until it is time to use them!

This time I had orange bell pepper tops, cutting celery, onion and garlic ends and peels, carrot peels and sweet and regular potato peels.

In a large soup pot add water and a little sea salt. Once the water is boiling add the vegetable ends and let boil for 5 minutes. I let the vegetables seep - just like making tea!

Store the vegetable broth in Mason jars or even freeze extra. Season the broth to your liking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails