Monday, September 13, 2010

Sweet Potato with Spinach and peas

This is one of my favorite recipes for baby food. It is FULL of flavor. I have even taken a few bites!!!
This recipe is made entirely from vegetables from our CSA food share!

You can buy fresh or frozen. Frozen is a great option because the vegetables are frozen within hours of being picked.

Sweet Potato with Spinach and Peas

The Ingredients:
1 TBSP RAW Butter
1 small onion chopped
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
About 1 bag (1 cup) of Peas
1 bag of frozen spinach

My measurements are guesses since I used vegetables I froze from our food share!

The Directions:
Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened, the add the sweet potato. Pour in 1 cup of water (maybe more), bring to boil, then cover and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes. Add the peas and spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Puree the vegetables in a blender or processor to make a smooth consistency for your baby, adding a little of the cooking liquid if necessary.

I put my baby food in old baby food jars. The jars freeze well and I find that I have less freezer burn with the jars than the cubes.

This recipe made about 12 jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails