Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rosemary and Lemon Crockpot Chicken

I love my crockpot! I love finding recipes that are healthy and forget about meals! Being a mom of 2 young boys, I love using my crockpot at least once if not twice a week.

I love chicken fryers (whole chickens). When being introduced to whole chickens a few years ago, I thought you had to either boil or bake. As I mentioned before, here, you can butterfly chicken and grill it. You can also crockpot it. No liquid needed!!!!


Rosemary and Lemon Crockpot Chicken

The Ingredients:

1 chicken fryer
2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
2 stalks celery with leaves, cut into pieces
2 small onions, whole
1 whole garlic head, cloves peeled
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika

The Directions:
Remove and discard giblets and neck from the chicken. Rinse and pat dry. Trim excess fat. Place rosemary, celery, 1/4 of onion, lemon wedges and 6 garlic cloves in the cavity of the chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, in the crock pot . Add remaining onion and garlic. Drizzle lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with the salt, pepper and paprika. Cover; cook on low for 8 hours

The chicken fell apart! This is what my crockpot looked like once I removed the chicken.

The Chicken fell off the bone. It was so tender and full of flavor!


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails