Monday, August 23, 2010

Zucchini Blueberry Bread

Saturday my family and I went to the Farmer's Market. I was the only one who made it out of the car because once we got the Farmer's Market it started to rain.

It was a very fast trip but don't worry - we got a lot of yummy things!!!! Especially BLUEBERRIES!!!!
I love blueberries.

and I love baking... I had an extra zucchini from my garden.

So I mixed the 3 together!!!



Zucchini Blueberry Bread

The Ingredients:
1/2 c. applesauce
1 - 1 1/2 cup Organic Palm Sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg white
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. shredded zucchini (I used the entire zucchini!)
1 1/2 c. sprouted whole grain flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c. fresh blueberries

The Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare one regular loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans

In large bowl, combine oil and/or applesauce, sugars, egg and vanilla. Stir to combine well. Stir in zucchini to combine. Add flour, salt, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and fold ingredients until just barely combined. Fold in blueberries.

Place into loaf pan(s) and top with organic palm sugar.

Place in center of oven to bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 60-75 minutes for loaf pan and 35-40 minutes for miniature loaf pans.

Let cool in pans for 15 minutes and remove to let cool completely before slicing and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails