Thursday, July 29, 2010

AMAZING Potato Soup

The past few weeks we have been getting New Potatoes in our food share. I have only used a potato here and there and my stock just kept growing.

I decided to try to make a healthier Potato soup with out all the Velveeta Cheese and Milk.

I think I did a good job!!!!
Still have a few more little changes I need to do but AMAZING!!!!

The Ingredients:

  • 6 cups diced potatoes
  • 3 stalks celery, diced
  • 3 Leeks, diced
  • 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
  • 1 cup half-and-half cream
  • 6 tablespoons RAW butter, melted
  • 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour (I used 3 TBSP Quinoa flour and 3 TBSP Whole wheat)
  • 4 cubes chicken bouillon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

The Directions:

In a large pot, bring potatoes, celery and onion to a boil in 2 cups of broth. Cook until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. Drain and reserve liquid.

Combine reserved broth and half-and-half in pot. In a bowl, combine melted butter and flour. Stir into half-and-half mixture over medium heat. Stir until thickened. Stir in reserved vegetables, remaining broth, bouillon and pepper. Heat through and serve.

I topped the soup with Raw cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails