Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Almond Cookies




This past week, I was told that I have a Gluten Allergy.
This means, we will be learning how to cook Gluten Free. Meals (Dinners) are pretty much gluten free but we will HAVE to learn how to bake Gluten Free. I am both excited and nervous to learn to bake Gluten Free. I have had delicious Gluten Free desserts but at the same time I have tried some really gross desserts as well.
I was in need of something sweet - but healthy. I found this recipe today on another food blog. The cookies looked delicious so I thought, "Why not bake today!?"
Almond Cookies
These cookies are a bit crumbly, but delicious. Perfect after dinner treat. I made two batches. First batch came out flat and one giant cookie.
Thinking quick I decided to add just 2 tbsp of Quinoa Flour to the mixture. The second batch came out perfectly! They look like cookies!
They taste great, too!
    2 cups of ground RAW almonds-I grind mine in a food processor and I did measure after they were ground. This will be a coarse texture, which gives a crumbly, unusual but tasty texture to the cookie 1 egg 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon almond extract 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup of softened coconut oil 2 Tbsp Quinoa Flour 1/2 cup evaporated coconut sugar* (you could also use maple sugar or a whole cane sugar) 2 + tbsp of dark chocolate shavings
1)Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease cookies sheets (or cover with parchment paper)
2)To keep things easy, I add all of the ingredients right back into the food processor I used to process the almonds. Dump them all in and process just until everything is well mixed. Don’t turn it into almond butter!
2) Scoop out a rounded spoonful of dough, roll into a ball, and place on the cookie sheets (leaving about an inch between cookies). Press down with a fork. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until the edges are starting to brown. Remove from oven, and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Enjoy.
*Coconut sugar (Palm Sugar) is made from the palms of coconut. I found it at Whole Foods or you can order it online. :)

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails