I finally cooked a dinner!!! ha! I was feeling like I had some more energy so I decided to use that energy and put it towards dinner! I made Chicken Parmesan and it was De-Lish!!! The boys loved the chicken covered with Almond Meal and Shredded Coconut.
- The Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (1 to 1½ lbs total)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 TBSP Shredded Coconut
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (I didn't use any cheese)
- Mix Almond Flour, Coconut and Herbes de Provence.
- Cut chicken breasts in half for thinner cutlets; pat dry. Dip cutlets in egg, let excess run off then coat with almond flour mixture. Melt coconut oil over medium heat; then sauté chicken cutlets until deep golden brown on both sides. Remove chicken and drain on paper towel.
- For tomato sauce combine tomato paste, water, garlic in a pan (I added extra herbs to the sauce); simmer for 15 minutes. Place ½ cup tomato sauce on bottom of a 9x13 inch Pyrex baking dish. Spread cutlets out in a single layer; cover with remaining tomato sauce, then layer with mozzarella, if you are doing dairy. We enjoyed ours without cheese!!!
- Bake at 400° for 10-20 minutes.
I then saute spinach and topped the spinach with the chicken Parmesan! De-Lish!!!!
Make it Paleo has a simple Sauteed Spinach recipe in their new cookbook!!!! Check out my review, here!