Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pulled Arm Roast

I am sorry for the lack of posts. I am 23 weeks and have been having some issues and have needed to cut down on my stress level. Therefore I have not been able to cook as much as I would like but I am working on cooking 3 times a week. I am hoping that everything is back to normal soon so that I can get back into the kitchen daily. 

The Ingredients:

3-4 lb arm roast (or chuck or butt or any kind of roast)
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp fresh minced rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chili powder
pinch cinnamon
1 can onion soup (broth not creamed soup) or 1 bouillion cube dissolved in 1 c. water
1/4 c. water
The Directions:
Put the roast in a dutch oven.  Sprinkle the spices and garlic over the roast.  Mix soup, 1/4 c. water, and 1/4 c. red wine together and pour over the roast.  Flip the roast over a couple of times to mix in the spices.  Bring to a boil.  Cover and reduce heat to low.  Cook for 4 hours and taste the liquid.  Add a good grating of fresh pepper and if necessary, salt. 
Put the lid back on and cook another 4 hours.  Roast should be  soupy, very tender,  and falling apart.  Shred meat into the broth with two forks and serve on buns or over mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice.

2 comments:

  1. You mention red wine in the instructions, but not in the ingredient list, so I don't know porportion. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. It says 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup wine. I noticed that also and reread the instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails