Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Carrot Crackers

We have a 2 year old in the house. We are lucky because he LOVES him some vegetables and I really do not need to "hide" vegetables in other foods. There are times where he wants crackers or bread or something that I do not necessarily want him to consume a lot of - so I will make him something homemade.

Several months a go I ran across a Zucchini Cracker recipe in one of my RAW cookbooks and thought they sounded delicious. Yesterday, I had some spare time and wanted to try to make some crackers. I found a recipe for Carrot Crackers and knew that my son would LOVE them. I had all the ingredients on hand and I am really impressed on how the crackers turned out. I have still not made the Zucchini crackers but they are on my list to try.


Raw flax seed crackers are a popular snack for those on raw food diet. Even if you're just looking to include more flax seed in your diet or more raw foods, try this dehydrated flax seed cracker recipe for a satisfying crunch. Flax seed crackers are great with raw salsa, raw guacamole or raw hummus (pictured). I like to add garlic salt to my flax crackers, but this may not be suitable for those on a 100% raw food diet.




The Ingredients:
3 clove garlic
2 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
½ cup almonds
salt and pepper
5 small organic carrots
The Directions:
ground almonds to make flower. put in food processor with carrots, garlic, flax seeds meal and salt and pepper to taste. process to mix.
make flat crackers and place on dehydrator sheets. dehydrate at 105 F for 10-12 hr. flip the crackers after 6 hr and continue dehydrating.
-OR-
I made mine in the over. I cooked the crackers on 170 degrees for 4 1/2 hours.
***Depending on your oven and where you live you may need to add more cooking time.
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails