Thursday, June 3, 2010

Salmon Salad

I love salads!


Right now we are receiving so much lettuce in our food share. I am loving it but know I will miss it all once the season for lettuce slows down. Yesterday we got a huge bag of spring mix and 2 heads of lettuce.

I am loving coming up with new salad combos and making my own salad dressings. I am new to the whole make your own dressing and now obsessed with trying new combos!

Tonight I made a wonderful Alaska Wild Salmon Salad. DE-licious!!!
Since it is a salad I am not quite sure on the measurements... it is a guessing game! :)
The Salad -

The Ingredients:
Spring Salad Mix
1/4 cup Corn
1/4 cup Black Beans - homemade in vegetable broth
Salmon Filets
Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Pepper

The Directions:


Preheat oven to 400°F.
Season your Salmon with Olive Oil and Sea Salt and Pepper. Put your salmon in a small pan and cook for approximately 10-20 minutes, depending on how thick is your fish. Once cooked I took the Salmon and brown both sides on the stove over High heat in Olive Oil.
Start by placing the lettuce in a bowl. Add corn and black beans. Top Salad with Salmon, either hot or cold. Drizzle homemade dressing on top.

The Dressing -
I must be honest I am not sure of the measurements but I do remember what I put in it!
Olive Oil
Orange Juice
Cooking Sherry
Balsamic Vinegar
Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Dill
Honey

The Directions:
In a bottle, jar or whatever you use mix all ingredients in and SHAKE!!!!
Refrigerate and use cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails