Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Black Raspberry Muffins



I enjoy delicious homemade muffins, every once in awhile! I enjoy making muffins with vegetables or fresh fruit. I enjoy taking a recipe and trying to change it to make a more healthy recipe.


I really love when it turns out for the BEST!!!! :)

If you were to ask my husband about some of my "oh, I made this up" or " oh, I altered this..." most of the time they are good but there are times things turn out REAL bad... Not this time!!!!

Last week, in our food share, we got some delicious black raspberries. I have been snacking on them here and there but we still had a lot left. I love taking fruit or vegetables that are almost at the point of tossing and baking with them.


The Ingredients:
4 1/4 c. flour (2 c. whole wheat, 2 1/4 c. brown rice flour)
3/4 c. RAW honey
1 tsp baking soda
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
3/4 pint black raspberries
1 1/2 c. water
3 heaping Tbsp yogurt
1 Tbsp RAW butter, melted and slightly cooled
3 Tbsp Applesauce (instead of OIL)
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp dried orange zest (I used lemon)
sprinkle sugar on top

The Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a nonstick muffin tin with baking spray.

In medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
Set aside.
In your stand mixer add yogurt, water, butter, oil, eggs, vanilla, orange zest and sugar and blend until completely combined.
Pour wet ingredients into a large bowl (or just keep them in the stand mixer bowl).
Slowly fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a large wooden spoon until just combined (there will be small bits of flour still present).
Add black raspberries to dry ingredients and toss to combine.
Spoon batter into muffin tins, dividing evenly (you are filling these all the way up. Almost OVER full. Trust me, they are big, but they won't spill over if your baking powder is good.)
Sprinkle sugar over tops of each muffin (about 1 tsp per 6 muffins)
Reduce oven temp to 375 and bake until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, about 20-23 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails