Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kale and Black eyed pea soup

In advance, I am going to apologize that I did not take a picture of the soup. I will make this again and I will promise to add a picture soon! :)

Yesterday was another Meatless Monday in our house! We enjoyed soup and salad :)

This recipe is for a small batch of soup. I just didn't want a large amount of leftovers which would end up down the sink so I made enough for dinner and next day lunch! Please feel free to add more vegetables to make more soup.

The Ingredients:
2 carrots
3 - 4 big handfuls of Kale
2 cans of black eyed peas (or 3 1/2 - 4 cups dried black eyed peas)
1/2 of a purple onion, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
Italian Seasoning
Garlic
Salt and pepper

The Directions:
Start with a medium sized pan on medium high heat. Pour in vegetable broth. Once the broth is at a boil add carrots and onion. * Once carrots are tender add the Kale. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes and then add in the black eyed peas. Finally add the rest of the ingredients and seasoning to taste!

* next time I will add some potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails