Friday, January 28, 2011

McDonald's again NO THANK YOU


McDonald's has made the news once again. Please read this article, McDonalds, public school lunch beef treated with ammonia. 


"Officials at the United States Department of Agriculture endorsed the company’s ammonia treatment, and have said it destroys E. coli “to an undetectable level.” ...
McDonald’s, Burger King and other fast-food giants use it as a component in ground beef, as do grocery chains. The federal school lunch program used an estimated 5.5 million pounds of the processed beef last year alone."


If you missed my post about this
 
Click here to read what this beautiful pink stuff is! 
WARNING: you might was a garbage can next to you... You might get sick.


If you have not looked into local farmers NOW is the time. Ammonia is not NORMAL... If you cannot find a local farmer, please research "healthier" meat choice. I will be happy to point you in the right direction, just email me! 

Taco Bell made the news this week, too! Finally - the truth is coming out. Check out the article if you missed it in Tuesday's post, click here.  Taco Bell's ground beef or should I say ground filler contains only 30% beef. That is 10% lower than US Department of Agriculture requirements. Which tell me if I am wrong, I don't want to consume anything less than 100% real meat. Call me crazy!
______________________________

Pecan crusted Chicken (100% chicken!)
Brussels Sprouts
Cauliflower Rice
The Chicken:
2 TBSP Dijon Mustard (you can use more)
2 TBSP Raw Honey (you can use more)
1/2 cup chopped pecans

If I had more time I could have made this more like fried chicken style. 

Mix together the dijon mustard and honey.

I then dipped the chicken into the mixture and topped it with the Pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked. 

This is a close up of the cauliflower rice.
The baby is LOVING it!!! I have been mixing it with his food! 


I tried a different method this time! I put the cauliflower in the microwave for just 30 seconds. I then added it to the food processor and pulse. If you do not have a food processor a blender will do.

In a saute pan I added a little coconut oil and melted. Then add the cauliflower rice and saute for just a couple of minutes. I also added a little pepper.

I found this method more rice like when you aren't adding it to a soup. It was tender and everyone loved it! Baby is still enjoying it!

1 comment:

  1. Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting.
    learn how to juice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails