Saturday, January 1, 2011

Meatball

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy 2011!!!! I am looking forward to another WONDERFUL year!

I set Resolutions - don't keep em!  

This year though... I am going to be able to keep mine. 

Here is what 2011 has in store for me! 
** I am going to write in a journal, every day/night!!! I am going to write of my blessings! 
           
 --- Thank you, Twelve Months of Bliss and All Kinds of Goodies, for giving me this idea... I am also going to be writing daily happening of the boys (quotes or sayings). 

** Nutrition and Fitness.
(Vegetables, some fruits, grass fed meat and nuts)

(No dairy, No Grains, No Legumes)
--- We will continue on our eating adventure. (which I will be documenting!)
 I will continue working out and getting back into shape! :)  (which I will also be documenting)  

**I plan on cooking a fish dish at least once a week. 

** I plan on cooking 2 - 3 new (Paleo) dishes a week.  

Why do we choose resolutions that are impossible to keep?? Why do we wait to start a resolution until January 1? Why can't we just start a resolution in March or in September or when the idea comes to us??? 
I think that my resolutions are practical and worth keeping! They are simple enough that after a few weeks, I will still want to keep them. They are challenging at the same time, that I will have to push myself (and remember) to do them! I am excited to start the year and really excited to see if I am able to make it the WHOLE year achieving my goals! 

HERE IS TO 2011!!!!

Almond Meal - just in case you didn't know what I mean.
 I leave my Almonds roughly chopped - personal preference!

Don't over crowd the meatballs. I think I saw that on Rachel Ray once. 



The Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb grass fed ground beef
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced 
2 TBSP Parsley
Garlic Powder
Ground Pepper
Homemade Tomato Sauce
Homemade Tomato Paste
1 cup Almond Meal

The Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, onion, garlic and yellow bell pepper. Add seasonings and mix well!

In a large frying pan add a little Olive Oil. Ball of meat mixture into meatball size. 
Do not add too many meatballs into the pan. 

Brown all sides of the meatballs. 

In a large soup pan add tomato sauce and start to boil. Add brown meatballs to tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes. 
 
ENJOY!!!!

Join Kimi at The Nourishing Gourmet for her Nourishing Resolutions carnival today, and link up yours!

Tuesday Twister

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails