Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Baby food turned Breakfast!

I love making our baby, well now one year old, food! It is quick and easy and sometimes I am prepared!!! 

We got a box full of Acorn Squash at the end of the season. I have been using it here and there but I mainly have been giving it to the baby! He loves Squash!!! 

He really loves this hot mixture I have come up with. Roasted Acorn Squash pureed with Cinnamon and Flax and Coconut Oil topped with Blueberries.

We share! One bite for you and one for me! :) He thinks it is funny when I take a bite!

I am glad that I did the one for you and one for me because this stuff is good!!! I have been struggling with breakfast. I do not like to eat eggs every morning and I miss my oatmeal.

The Ingredients:
1 acorn squash
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 - 2 TBSP Almond Butter
1/4  - 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 - 2 tsp flax seeds (ground in my coffee grinder)

The Directions:
Preheat oven at 350 degrees. 
Wash outside of acorn squash. Cut down the middle and scoop out the seeds. Add Coconut Oil in the center and sprinkle with cinnamon. 

Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. 

Scoop flesh into food processor or blender and blend! I made sure to get the coconut oil and cinnamon in the blender too! Mix in the flax seed powder. 

If you are making this for baby top with Blueberries. If this is for you - top with some Almond Butter and Blueberries!!! 

ENJOY!!!



Photobucket
Part of Real Food Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails