Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Beef Ribs

Day 5 of the New Year and I have stuck with my resolutions!

- I have wrote detailed blessings/thankfulness! 
- We have been strictly Paleo
- I have made a new recipe (actually two)

I have revamped the blog. I had had a couple of comments/emails that my blog has great content but the text color (red) was hard to read. After two days of searching and playing around, I have decided to have a basic background. I plan on updating my heading picture but have to figure out which direction or picture I want! 


I made RIBS this week! Two different kinds and two different methods trying to find the best way to cook ribs indoors! 

I cooked one set in the CrockPot (short stack) and the other in the Oven (slab).
Sided with spinach and carrot/cauliflower mash.

The Ingredients:
Grass fed Slab of ribs (either short stack or slab)
Lemon Pepper
Garlic Powder
Steak Seasoning
Fresh Ground Pepper
Tomato Paste
Maple Syrup

The Directions:
CROCKPOT -
Add meat into the crockpot. Season with Lemon Pepper, Ground Pepper, tomato paste and 1 inch of water in the bottom of the crock. Cook on High 4 hours or until the meat is tender.

OVEN -
Preheat the oven at 450 degrees. Season the ribs with seasonings. Lay on a glass baking dish and cover in foil. Bake at 450 for 45 minutes. Turn oven down to 300 degrees and bake for another 2 hours or until the meat is tender. ** Do not remove foil until the 2 hours are over. If done, cover again and let meat set for 30 minutes.

OUR VERDICT -
The Crockpot meat was tender but as you know, short stack is a fatty rib meat. They were good and tender.

The Slab was real good. The meat was falling off the bone.

I will make both again.

Looking forward - homemade beef jerky recipe

Part of Fight Back Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails