Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why are we in such a hurry?

Have you ever noticed how impatient we all have become???

This weekend I was sitting at a light waiting for the light to turn green and I noticed something pretty funny. The car in front would scoot forward a little, then the car behind it would shoot forward and the car behind it would scoot forward and so forth. The car in front would then scoot up just a little more and the whole process began again. Why have are we in such a hurry that we have to continuously nudge forward even though the light is still red?

Next time you are stopped at a light, watch! You will get a kick out of it! 

I am guilty of this, too! 

When did this change? Why are we in such a hurry?

Maybe it has to do with all the change in the last 10 years. We have so many things designed to make like faster and "easier."  Kindness to other just went out the door. Not sure when people not stopped caring for others but hubby and I have surrounded our family with great people and excellent neighbors. (check out this post on how to help out your neighborhood food bank from reader (and friend) Heather @ All Kinds of Goodies) Everyone has cell phones. You don't have to wait to talk to someone if they aren't home. There are FAST FOOD restaurants everywhere... Really there are not too many corners out there without one. We have changed our way of eating and we are seeing the results from it. 

It is crazy that the obesity rate is still sky rocketing and the number of diabetes is on an all time high. I remember seeing a statistic awhile back that said 58 million were obese. Even more disturbing, a few years ago, I heard that by 2012 the "norm" for children will be obese.

THAT IS CRAZY... I remember coming home after hearing that and telling Hubby "I will not accept that. I will do my best to feed my children healthy nutritious foods and allow them to be healthy. If obese is "norm" my children will be not norm"


That was reason #1 we changed...

You see, I have said it before, but we are still working on healthy changes! Yes, my 3 year old has had fast food. No, I am not proud of that. Yes, Micah will NEVER eat fast food. (please note: There are healthier choice, like Chipolte, for example, and I am sure he will have Chipolte)

Yes, Fast food is fast and a great fix when "oops I forgot to plan for dinner." And Yes, it is cheap. Hubby and I have both said fast food is really a help for those who need to feed a lot of people for less. McDonalds is offering 50, yes I said 50 chicken McNuggets for $9.99... That is just craziness... Where else can you get a meal for a family under $10. It is a quick fix.

I am not suggesting you to go to McDonald's for dinner... It is not meant to be consumed daily, if at all. Today, I just found a story about Taco Bell being sued because the meat isn't meat. It doesn't meat the minimum standards... YUCK. The meat is only 30% meat. 70% is other junk and fillers. To read the article, click here.

Hubby was out of town this past weekend. I should have planned ahead and prepared us some food but I got busy. I did not eat like I should and I am paying for it now. I went to bed Sunday not feeling well and woke up Monday with a terrible headache, that lasted all day. Monday I spent the day sluggish and lacked energy. My stomach was upset and I couldn't really eat anything without it coming right back up. I even had a few face breakouts.

So many of us have just become so busy in everyday life that so many have forgot or dropped home cooked meals. Many Americans do not use their kitchen and even more do not know how to cook. Let's bring back home cooked meals! That is my mission. If you are a reader and struggle in the kitchen contact me (call, text, facebook, email me) and I will help you. I pride myself on coming up with or finding real easy recipes that are packed with nutrition and color and are full of taste.

Hubby and I enjoy sitting together with our boys at the dinner table and spending that time with just our family. No phones. No interruptions. Just us!!! We enjoy our memories!!!! We enjoy our 3 years prayers and stories! We love our time!!! Yes, sometimes he gets home late and we are not able to eat together but 6 nights out of 7 we are together!


______________________________________________

Green Chili Crockpot Chicken

The Ingredients:
1 Chicken Fryer
2 cans green chilis
4 cups chicken broth
1 onion, diced
2 TBSP Coconut Oil
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper

The Directions:
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Add chicken to the crockpot. Top with Onion and the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.

Take chicken out and let cool before taking the skin and bones off.

Add chicken back into crockpot and either serve chicken as a soup topped with Avocado or just enjoy the chicken side with vegetables. It is your choice.


ENJOY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails