Monday, January 10, 2011

Venison Vegetable Soup

Week 2. 
For those who have started resolutions, Happy second week! I hope that you are sticking with "it", whatever "it" might be. I have done pretty well. I did have a tiny piece of Dark Chocolate this weekend.

I was having a pretty rough day and caved but thankfully stopped at one. I have not had any grains for a week. I am glad that I have, I am feeling great and I hope you are too. 

Yes, there have been moments in the day where my body is just CRAVING grains or dairy. I am not going to lie and say that I have had no cravings or breakdowns. We went out to eat Saturday and I succeed! I ate a salad. Loads of leafy greens, vegetables, grilled chicken and instead of dressing had salsa. I was one of those difficult orders! No cheese, No dressing, No tortilla crispy things (smile and thank you!) 

Overall, I am feeling great! My spots on my elbow are gone. The dry spots are almost gone, too! I am sleeping again and full of energy! As far as my hashimotos, I have been having soreness (feet and wrists) but overall feeling better! 
Broccoli, Spinach and Egg Pie
BREAKFAST!!!! 

Hubby brought home 2 things ground venison from work. 

THANK YOU!!!! 

Yes, I want to make a delicious chili with one of them... that's a given! The other one, I wanted to do something special. 

Did you know that the last time I had venison I went into labor with my now 1 year old??? MEATBALLS!

A delicious, warm, hearty, vegetable full soup. It was perfect for this cold afternoon. I can't wait to eat the leftovers. 

Venison Vegetable Soup

The Ingredients:
1 - 2 lbs ground venison (can use ground beef or ground turkey)
7 carrots, chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
1/2 large butternut squash, peel and cube
1 small onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1 box broth, no salt (turkey, chicken or beef)
8 oz tomato sauce
basil
ground pepper
2 bay leaves

The Directions:
Brown ground venison and onion. Add carrots and butternut squash. Cook for 5 minutes and then add broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 - 10 minutes. Add celery, tomatoes and the rest of the seasonings. Boil for a few more minutes or until all the vegetables are tender (to your liking!) 

ENJOY!!!!

Linked to Monday Mania.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails