Monday, January 3, 2011

Bean-less Chili

This weekend we celebrated our baby! He turned 1 on the 1st! 

I made two pots of chili, one with beans and the other without beans. When I was making the chili, my hubby, was not sure about bean-less. I must say, I wasn't too sure about it either. 

I still added my Almond Butter for a little creamy flavor! I topped mine with a pile of avocado instead of sour cream. I was proud of myself and sticking to my guns... 

I will be honest with you --- I ate a little cupcake! Not GRAIN-less and from a box! 
I wish I could tell you that I still slept great and that I did not wake up with a headache BUT I DID. I slept terrible. I had the worst headache. To top it off - my elbows started to itch. 

Each time I do this to myself - I promise, NEVER AGAIN... 
Will I ever learn???  :) 
Bean-less Chili

The Ingredients:
2 - 3 lbs grass fed ground beef
7 - 10 celery stalks, diced (I use one whole celery bunch, leaves and all)
6 - 10 carrots, diced
1 white onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 TBSP Olive Oil
2 16 oz cans of diced tomatoes (homemade would be best but can is fine)
16 oz chicken broth (homemade is best)
2 big pinches of sea salt
2 TBSP dried Oregano
2 TBSP dried Basil
1 TBSP cumin
3 - 4 TBSP Chili Powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 TBSP Almond Butter


The Directions:
Saute veggies in olive oil for about a minute and add meat and brown.  Season the meat mixture with all the spices.  Add the tomatoes and chicken broth and simmer for 35 minutes.  Taste and add more seasoning if desired.  


Let me tell you --- it was tough not having beans in my chili or topping my chili with sour cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails