Several weeks ago Civilized Caveman posted this wonderful picture and recipe for German Apple Pancakes! I knew that it was a must try since hubby and I love German Apple Pancakes.
Don't those just look amazing?
The day finally came where I had energy and all the ingredients to make these beauties... But mine did not turn out as fluffy or pancake like. Mine were more like muffins but that might be my fault since I changed just a few things to the recipe. I think that my Baking Soda has gone bad and did not allow the pancakes to rise like the above picture but WOW were they still good!!!
They were still a sweet treat that everyone enjoyed!!!
- Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and Date Mixture
- In a small bowl, stir coconut flour, nutmeg, and baking soda
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and beat well to combine, set aside while you prepare the apples
- In a small frying pan, heat 2 Tbsp coconut oil and raw organic honey
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg and juice of 1/2 Lemon and cook for 1 minute
- Add in your apples and sauté until all your apples are nicely coated
- Evenly divide your apple mixture between 8 Ramekins greased with coconut oil and then evenly divide your egg mixture on top of the apples between the 8 Ramekins
- Place your Ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20 Minutes at 425 and then reduce heat to 375 and cook for an additional 20 Minutes
- Sprinkle with Pecans when removed from the oven