I am a new (once again) mom, as you know! I am a nursing mom who needs calories, proteins and snacks to help keep milk production up! I love trail mix or granola because it is a quick grab!
Here is a delicious snack or cereal... perfect for on the go!!! I am going to play with it a little more next time I make it. Might add some dates or dried fruits.
and I will not over cook it!!! Yes, I over cooked this batch because baby needed me! :) It almost was a FLOP! :)
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cups almond meal
3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
4 cups raw slivered almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup liquified coconut oil
1/2 cup raw organic honey
3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well to ensure ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a medium bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients thoroughly into the dry ingredients.
- Divide the mixture in a thin layer onto two rimmed baking sheets. It will fill about 1 and 1/2 jelly roll pans.
- Press mixture down with your hands or the back of a large spoon.
- Bake until lightly toasted, approximately 1 hour. Remove pans from oven and gently stir the mixture with a large spoon. Carefully return warm pans to the oven and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in optional ingredients, if desired. Let the mixture cool completely in the pans.
- To store, place a folded paper towel (to absorb any excess coconut oil) in the bottom of a lidded storage container. Add paleo crunch to container and cover. Enjoy plain or with coconut or almond milk.