Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pan seared Tuna with Avocado

 It is now February 1st, one month after resolution making. I am happy to report my results. 
- We have had fish once a week
- I have been thankful for something everyday & have wrote it down.
- I am continuing to improve my health by changing nutrition. 
      - I have done good but I have room for improvement.  

I have not been good about working out. Which is not entirely my fault. My wrists have been giving me problems. I have had a flare up for the last two weeks. It is pretty impossible for my wrists to bare any weight let alone pick up the baby. I am stretching them and work on them, slowly. 

I am borrowing the Insanity DVD. I have been doing it but have to lay low on the arm parts. I have come up with a new plan. I am going to the gym every night as soon as hubby gets home I will go to the gym and workout. I will do cardio and start strengthening my wrists. I plan on doing 2 week night cycle classes and one on the weekend. 


Gotta love a little humor! Check out this video, Is the chicken local???



Pan seared Ahi-Tuna with Avocado

The Ingredients:
1 cup chopped cilantro
4 teaspoons grated ginger
4 garlic cloves, minced
juice from 4 limes
1/4 cup Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup Coconut Oil and 2 TBSP for searing
2 Ahi-Tuna (from Trader Joes) There was enough liquid to make 4
2 ripe avocados

The Directions:
In a bowl, combine the cilantro, ginger, garlic, lime juice, coconut aminos, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of coconut oil.

Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Sear the tuna for a minute on each quarter. Pour half of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.

Transfer the seared tuna to plates and serve with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the fish and avocado.

*** This had amazing flavor! Hubby and I are not huge Tuna fans so it was not our favorite but we both commented on how the flavor was amazing. Maybe I will try this mixture on chicken or another fish. 


Part of Pennywise Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Fight Back Friday, Fat Camp FridayFriday Potluck

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this delicious Tuna with Avocado Sauce it looks so good. Thank you so much for bringing it to Full Plate Thursday. You have a great week end and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you are featured on Full Plate Thursday this week 2-10-11. You can stop by and pick up your Red Plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails